“Personal Information” is any information that enables us to identifyyou, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to you. Personal Information excludes anonymous information or information that has had the identity of an individual permanently removed.
MC3 collects the following Personal Information about visitors, applicants, and certified mediators:
1. Site Use Information
MC3 collects technical information automatically transmitted by your web browser each time you visit the Site. This information may include:
- the URL (uniform resource locator or address) of the web page you previously visited;
- the domain names and/or IP addresses of the computer you are using; and
- your browser type and device operating system.
2. Information You Give Us
You may provide Personal Information to us which may include your name, home and/or work email address, postal address, phone number and/or fax number, your employer and job title, demographic information about you including birth year, certification designation, etc., and if you are making a purchase, your credit card information. You are only required to provide such information if you want to take advantage of optional products and services provided through the Site. We store this information in order to respond to or process your request.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our website and your experience. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as Personal Information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions.
However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services on the Site.
Disclosure Of Information
MC3 does not rent or sell any Personal Information it collects to any third party for third-party marketing or solicitation purposes.
Use Of Information Collected
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. Information You Give Us
We use the Personal Information you give us:
- To carry out our obligations arising from your certification and application, and any other agreement entered into between you and us.
- To update and renew your application and/or certification as required.
- To provide you with the information, products, and services you request from us.
- To arrange and deliver events and programming relevant to your subjects of interest.
- To respond to your questions and provide related services.
- To improve the Site.
- To send you information about benefits and otherinformation MC3 believes is relevant and useful to its visitors, applicants, and certified mediators.To send you third-party information that MC3 believes isrelevant and useful to you, where you have given your consent.
- To notify you about changes to your application orcertification or to related services or to ask you to providefeedback.To enable you to complete a survey.
- To administer and protect our business and the Site(including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, and hosting of data).
- To comply with all applicable laws or legal processes,including providing information on individual users to the appropriate governmental authorities where required by law enforcement or judicial authorities.
2. Site Use Information
MC3 uses this aggregate and/or anonymous data to monitor site usage and traffic patterns of our visitors in order to improve our website, content, and services.
3. Information Collected in Connection with Certification and Recertification
If you register for certification or recertification services, MC3(and/or MC3’s certification or credential-related vendors) may use and disclose Personal Information, certification information, and/or assessment information related to any other MC3 credential or certificate in connection with (the following is a non-exclusive list of examples):
- Listing all individuals who have achieved an MC3 certification in an online directory of MC3-certified mediators.
- Sending notifications/reminders on the status of certification or other credential or certificate, information on professional development and recertification opportunities, and other news and communications of interest to the certified community.
- Publishing information regarding the results of a grievance process including any public disciplinary action taken against a certified mediator and the reason for that action.
Children's Privacy Protection
MC3 is aware of the heightened need to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13. The Site is not intended for children and is not targeted to children under the age of 13. MC3 does not knowingly collect data from children and, if we learn that we have received identifying information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete this information.
There may be hyperlinks on the Site to other websites or locationsthat are operated and controlled by third parties (“Third-Party Websites”). These Third-Party Websites may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other technology to independently collect information about you. In addition, these Third-Party Websites may solicit Personal Information or payment information from you. We make no representations regarding the policies or business practices of such Third-Party Websites and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights (California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
When California residents provide personal information to a business, they have the right to request certain disclosures if that business shares personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Once per calendar year the customer may request that the business provide a list of companies with which it shares personal information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and a list of the categories of personal information that the business shares. Instead of responding to such requests, however, a company may choose to comply with this law by establishing and publishing on its website a policy of not disclosing a customer’s personal information to such third parties unless the customer affirmatively agrees to such disclosures, or a policy of not disclosing a customer’s personal information to such third parties if the customer has exercised an option that prevents that information from being disclosed to third parties for those purposes. Thus, a company may comply with the law by notifying the customer of his or her right to prevent disclosure of personal information and providing a cost-free means to exercise that right.
You may request information about our compliance with this law by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such inquiry mustinclude “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of thedescription. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the email@example.com email address.
MC3 retains your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you. MC3 takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Changes To This Policy
MC3 Board Approved on June 28, 2019
Access To Person Information
If you wish to request access to or correction or update of your Personal Information previously provided to MC3, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to MC3 at 7806 Reseda Blvd., Reseda, CA 91335.