MC3 has approved the following community mediation courses as satisfying its requirement for a program that covers the basics in how to conduct mediation. Applicants satisfactorily completing these courses may use their completion certificate alone as proof of having completed this requirement when applying for MC3 Certification.
If an applicant has completed a community mediation course that is not listed below but that the applicant believes meets the Core Content required by MC3, the applicant will be required to submit both their completion certificate and appropriate syllabi or other evidence of course content. As additional community mediation courses are approved, they will be added to this list.
If a mediation training provider would like to have its course considered for approval, please contact us at email@example.com.
Approved Community Mediation Courses
- American Institute of Mediation: Mediating Commercial and Litigated Cases [TA100]
- California State University, Dominguez Hills: 100-hour Certificate Program in Mediation and Conflict Resolution (2014–2016) [TC010]
- California State University, Northridge: 100-hour Certificate Program in Mediation and Conflict Resolution (2009-2014) [TC020]
- Dispute Resolution Programs Act (DRPA) organizations that offer trainings of 25 hours or more in the basics of how to conduct a mediation, including but not limited to, the following:
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: 40-Hour Mediation Training, or its predecessor operated under Dispute Resolution Services and the Center for Civic Mediation [TL100]
- Los Angeles County Department of Consumer & Business Affairs : 150 hours Practical Mediation Training [TL200]
- Orange County Human Relations: 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training and 40-Hour Divorce Mediation Training [TO100]
- City of Norwalk: 40-Hour Dispute Resolution Training [TN100]
- Waymakers: 40-Hour Mediation Training [TW100]
- National Conflict Resolution Center: The Theory and Practice of Mediation [TN010]
- Center for Conflict Resolution, 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training [TC030]
- Ventura Center for Dispute Resolution: Conflict Resolution Training [TV100]
- The Loyola Center for Conflict Resolution: 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training [TL110]
- Woody Mosten: 40-Hour Basic Divorce Mediation Training [TM100]
- Pepperdine University, Straus Institute: Mediating the Litigated Case [TP100]
- Pacific Coast University: 30-Hour Basic Mediation Training [TP010]
- Steven Rosenberg: 40-Hour Mediation Training [TR100]
- Ken Cloke: Mediation Training [TC060]